I am Researcher at the Department of Molecular and Translational, University Brescia (Italy).
I took my Master Degree at the University of Brescia (Italy) in 2003. From September 2003 to October 2006 I was a full scholarship at the PhD program in Methodological and Applied Statistics, University of Milano Bicocca (Italy).
From May 2006 to November 2006 I was a Visiting Student Researcher at the University of California Berkeley, Department of Statistics and my advisor was Professor Charles J. Stone.
From November 2006 to December 2006 I was Visiting Scholar at the Boston College, Boston, Massachusetts.
I took my PhD in 2007. The title of my dissertation is "Recent Advances in Classification and Regression Trees", Supervising Professors Maurizio Carpita and Paola Zuccolotto, External Professor Charles J. Stone.
From June 2007 to March 2013 I was research fellow at the Department of Quantitative Methods, University of Brescia.
From 2008 I am involved in the project “ABI Country Risk Forum”
From July 2009 to August 2009 I was Summer Visitor at the University of California Berkeley, Department of Statistics, advisor Professor Charles J. Stone.
From April 2013 I am involved in the Syrto project, a project funded by the European Union under the 7th Framework Programme.
From January 2016 I am member of the LABEX ReFi - European Laboratory on Financial Regulation – Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers-Ecole Nationale d’Administration- Panthéon-Sorbonne University- ESCP Europe.
At present, I have three courses at the University of Brescia:
- Statistica per la ricerca sperimentale - Corso di Laurea di Scienze Infermieristiche e Ostetriche.
- Informatica Applicata ai Servizi Sanitari - Corso di Laurea di Scienze Infermieristiche e Ostetriche.
- Statistica Sociale - Corso di laurea in Tecniche della Prevenzione.
My research interests are:
- Classification and Regression Trees (CART), Ensemble learning algorithm (Bagging, Boosting, Random Forests);
- Variable importance on ensemble learning;
- Extraction of synthetic model from aggregated models (born again trees);
- Analysis of Binary data, Logit models and Contingency Tables applied in Statistical Quality Control;
- Weighted rank correlation measures
Referee for the following International Journals:
Journal of Classification, Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, Quality & Quantity. This activity is certified by Publons (https://publons.com/author/615659)
Download some of my articles on Research Gate (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marika_Vezzoli)
Dott.ssa Marika Vezzoli
Address: Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11
25123 Brescia, Italy.
Office phone: +390303717758
Paris (France), Université Paris1 Panthéon‐Sorbonne, February 18-19, 2016
Final International Conference on
"Systemic Risk Tomography (SYRTO): Signals, Measurements, and Transmission Channels"